With two toddlers at home, finding things to keep them entertained inside is a must. Crafting is one great way to build a bond with your kids as well as create something new!
One of the kids’ favorite things to do is to make different things out of toilet paper and paper towel rolls. I want to share the latest kiddie craft which my 5 year old found to be, and I quote “the coolest dragon ever!!”
This was a simple craft filled with laughter and a great surprise at the end.
Fire Breathing Dragon Craft
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Green construction paper
- 2 white fuzz balls
- 3 small black fuzz balls
- Red, orange and yellow tissue paper or felt
- Stick glue
- Hot glue gun
- Start by cutting the green construction paper in half. (Save other half for tail at end)
- Wrap and glue the green paper around the paper towel roll and cut off extra, leaving only a little on the end to fold into the tube.
- Using a hot glue gun, add the two white fuzz balls at one end (eyes) and two small black fuzz balls to the other end (nose).
- Use the last black fuzz ball and cut it in half and glue onto the white fuzz balls (eye pupils).
- Cut the red, orange and yellow tissue paper or felt into strips and then into halves.
- Glue the strips in random color patterns inside the tube (on nose end).
- Use the other half of the green paper and cut zig zags on one side. Glue onto the back of the dragon’s head (behind eyes) .
There you have it!
The coolest fire breathing dragon ever! Your kids are sure to love this. This can easily be changed to a girly dragon as well by using pink paper and even adding a bow.
There are tons of fun toilet paper crafts for kids out there! What I love most about this craft project is the end when they use what they just created to tell a story. This is a great project to encourage following directions, creativity and use of the imagination.